This C of E church is one of 5 churches located within the All Souls Parish of North Warwickshire. The church has a Grade II* listing.
In 1155 the church was given to the priory of St Mary of Monmouth by the son of Richard of Hatton but reverted to his heirs after his death. In the year 1248 Phillipus de Asselis is listed as the first vicar of St Nicholas Church. The church would then have been the tower and some other parts which no longer exist. The oldest part of the present church was built in the middle of the 13th century, the remains being rebuilt early in the 14th century. In the Victorian era, the original leaded roof was replaced with the current pitched roof and the porch was added.
Inside the church are several notable features. In the north aisle, there is a 13th century large stone coffin and under the flooring close to it there is a stone showing the grave of Thomas Monk and his wife Sarah. The tablet on the wall of the north aisle was erected in memory of their three sons who died prematurely.
The Baptist Chapel is a a nonconformist chapel built in 1819 for a church formed in 1808. it is constructed of brick and slate with round-arched windows and a three-bay gabled W front. This church is a Heart of England Baptist Association member and it is grade II listed building.
A handsome and substantial building largely of 1901-2 construction by Edmund Kirby, but with a late nineteenth century chancel which incorporates medieval masonry. The church stands in a large burial ground with mature planting, a presbytery of 1905 and a former school (now Community Hall). The simple interior is dominated by heavy scissor trussed roofs and contains a good collection of early twentieth century glass, mainly by Hardman and Co. The Romanesque ‘font’ is an imported item of uncertain provenance. Together with the other buildings and burial ground, the church makes a notable contribution to the local conservation area.